Tuesday, July 29, 2008

An Uphill Battle....Literally!

So, I am desperately trying to regain my pre-Delainey body and don't seem to be seeing any real results! I have started to run again, with a double jogger mind you! It would seem like it would be much harder then the single but I find although it is harder to steer, it has a wider handle, making it much easier to push. I need to drop approximately 15 lbs to make it to my pre-pregnancy weight but would ultimately like to drop 20 lbs altogether. I know that this isn't going to happen over night and it is quite common to hold onto an extra ten pounds while breastfeeding but I can't stand the way I feel and look twenty pounds overweight! I have vowed to chart my food intake and I have been running and lifting lightweights but what I really want to do is get back into the gym. I have no ideas on how this will be accomplished as none of the gyms on my side of town offer childcare and I am really not in a position to fork out money on a monthly basis to a gym that does. Working out from the house isn't that easy as the baby needs tending too and Ise likes to be a part of EVERYTHING I do! Plus, it just seems like in the gym it is easier to focus and get a decent workout, whereas at home, there are too many distractions!!! I have set the goal of running a 1/2 marathon in December and that is my first goal that I am striving for. Hopefully pushing 75 lbs of stroller and kiddos will help me in reaching that goal...did I mention our neighborhood seems to be one big vertical hill!

3 comments:

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

Jac, I know in a few months if someone says this to me I'll smack them... but.... it's only been 2 months. It's a different ballgame with the second. Kudos to you for getting out there with a stroller full of babies and getting back into your groove. It'll happen.


Remind me of that come, oh November, when I too will be griping!

The Hangar said...

I'm so happy that you are motivated, if I only could be, but PLEASE don't push too hard. Give your body sometime. I know that you are cleared, but just please be careful.

The Hangar said...

And I thought we were waiting until the kids went back to school?!? :)