Get out those shoe boxes and give the gift of friendship and love to children all over the world! Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes and the Good News of God’s love. Since 1993, more than 61 million shoe boxes have been packed, shipped, and delivered across the globe. People of all ages can be involved in this simple, hands-on missions project while focusing on the true meaning of Christmas—Jesus Christ.
This mission is near and dear to my heart and has always been a joyful and fulfilling experience to do with Ise. Each year we full two boxes, one for a boy and one for a girl in his age group. I feel it is even more important this year as I heard on the news a few weeks ago that charitable donations have plummeted this year due to the economy. I urge you to visit the website and review their mission and may you be blessed this Christmas season, for giving is always more rewarding than receiving!
National Collection Week is November 17-24.
No comments:
Post a Comment