I shall apologize in advance about my lack of posting...things have been getting a little crazy around here and the extended forecast is calling for oh so much more! The F-ing deployment, which is how I am now referring to it, has been moved up by six months. I am really not dealing with this news very well and I am not the least bit excited that I am having to do this again, but whatever. It is going to happen whether I like it or not and after reading a rather poignant quote today,
"When we can do nothing, Jesus can do all things; let us enlist His powerful aid upon our side, and all will be well,"
I am feeling a wee bit better. It is funny to me that I always hear people say, "it takes a strong woman to be a military wife," "it takes a brave woman to let her man go off to war." I get so sick of hearing it, especially since as of late, I have found myself thinking it takes an idiot to be a military wife! We do this to ourselves on purpose! And for what? The big bucks? The glory of being alone day in and day out with our precious kids while their father misses out on everything that truly matters? I truly am not in a good place with accepting the fact that this deployment is rearing its ugly head and once again I will have to rely on emails and IMs to chat with the one person that matters the most to me and the kids. I am sad. I am angry. But I am strong, and have amazing friends that are going through the same issues as me, family that keeps me laughing and the goal of holding my head high while my man walks off that tarmac and back into our arms! I also have the knowledge of a past deployment that will help aid me in better decision making, only stressing on what truly matters and not letting others project their issues on me when I will clearly already have my own! As well as two precious babies that will keep me busy, stressed and laughing through it all. Plus, the good Lord to oversee it all and keep me brave, strong and focused! I can do this, I just really don't want too.
6 comments:
I love you sooooo much sweetie! Love, Mom
I know what you mean, chica. And at least you're not sitting there going, "I'm totally ok with this...the sun will shine and the birds will sing and I will be happy as a clam", all the while feeling the exact opposite. At least you're being true to what you feel. And I'm SO glad that we're all friends! Even if I'm a whole 4 hours away from you guys, we're all still friends and will get through it together. =)
Come and visit me in Savannah sometime, k? You can always come stay when you're passing through on your way to and from Florida, too. =D Or just because you just really wanna see ME! LOL
Tomorrow I might be the voice of positivity, but today.... I just feel PANICKY.
But, we've gotten through Korea, various schools and small deployments, Iraq and we'll blast on through this one too.
We don't have a freakin' choice.
la la la Isometimes really hate the Army, la la la.
OH Jacqui...my heart goes out to you and the kids...and Luke! It sounds like you have a very clear head about it all though. I wish all of you the best of luck and I will keep you in my prayers. When will Luke be leaving?
You know what annoys me? When Jeremey was in the Army their catch phrase was "too easy". Everything was too easy. Well, not everything is easy, some things are damn hard. Personally I would feel much stronger if I completed a task that was called a "pain in the ass" than "too easy". Some things are hard for a reason and I wouldn't suggest trying to figure out why.
You might not like to hear it, but you are the strongest, bravest person I know. You warrior you!
We are always here if you need us or need a break from cold weather. I have a few months of "peace" left if you need company or help with the kids.
XOXO
Does this mean he gets to come home 6 months earlier now?
Post a Comment