Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Your Killing me Smalls!!!

Geez oh pete,
This morning I was going to take in two bags of apples for Ise's class, the teacher had mentioned that she needed some donated. However, I woke up with a mild stomach bug and was a little nervous about trying to walk through the school carrying two bags of apples and the baby. So, I instructed Isaac to take the two bags in and give them to his teacher.
Well, you would have thought I asked him to set himself on fire. He was totally distraught, turned completely white and broke out into a cold sweat! Apparently, the daily routine when you arrive to class is, you put your book bag away, find your seat and immediately get to work on your worksheet. He told me he couldn't give the apples to his teacher because he was too afraid to speak to her because of the rules. I assured him that the teacher requested the apples and if he politely walked up to her and told her he had apples to donate to the class project she would direct him where to put them and then he could sit down. I thought that was the end of it.
Ah, not so much! Guess who came home with two bags of apples in his book bag? I said ISAAC! You were suppose to give them to your teacher! His response, "Mom, I just couldn't help myself....I didn't want to get in trouble."
On one hand, I am completely annoyed but on the other hand, I completely get his fears! Guess who will be helping the boy deliver the apples tomorrow?

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Geez, the teacher is that scary?! Poor boy

Just Jac said...

She actually isn't...she looks just like the little old lady off of the Baby Looney tunes, the grandmother. I think the poor boy is just taking the rules a little too SERIOUSLY!