Interestingly enough, I really don't have much to say! The kids and I are trudging along and marking off each day on the calendar with a big black marker...Ise and I like to sing, Another One Bites the Dust as we do it :)! Seriously though, the kids and I are kicking this deployment's butt. Since day one, I have emphasized to Ise that we have to be a team and work together and I could not ask for better cooperation and help from that little guy. Really, the hardest part is the void that comes without Blue Daddy's presence. Isaac misses him so much and that part sucks because I know just how he feels except that I am an adult and he is just a little boy.
Speaking of our awesome little man, he is doing amazing in school. He now can name all the letters and their sounds, plus he has started to read sight words. I am blown away by how fast he is learning! He can also count to 100 and write the first letters 1-10. We are still working on upper case and lower case letters, some of those still really trip him up. However, at the rate he is going, I think in a few more weeks, he won't even bat an eye! Ise is also playing hockey this season...and loves it! He still needs some work on his skating techniques but I have to give him credit, because he gets right out there and dives right in. It is incredible to watch these little tiny boys and girls in all that gear get out there and skate around, some of these kids look like professional athletes already.
Delainey is growing like a weed and becoming a tiny bit more verbal, although the high shrieking and blood-curdling screams still do her justice! Yesterday while shopping at Target, we passed the baby doll aisle in toys and I swear the child joyfully said, "babies!" She also took a bite of food the other night and then waved her hand in front of her mouth and said, "hot!" I am actually surprised that she hasn't picked up more language then she has...although she could be like her brother and is waiting to use it all at one time! Either way, she is an adorable ball of curly hair, frustration and joy! I can't wait till Luke gets to spend some time with her because I think he is going to be amazed...actually, I think he will be amazed by them both!
I am doing quite well, the kids are keeping me busy and then if that wasn't doing it, AWANAS, MOPS and hockey are filling up any remaining free time! I have found that some days being busy makes the days practically fall off the calendar and then other days, it seems to make the weeks a lot longer!
1 comment:
You are amazing my sweet, brave, capable daughter! Love you, Mom
Post a Comment