Monday, November 02, 2009

All Abroad the Crazy Train!

In all honesty, this deployment does not seem as stressful or as overwhelming as the last. Which at first I choose to believe was because I was just seasoned and getting really good at this single mother thing. However, recently I discovered its the lack of structure and organization that gives it the illusion of being less stressful. What I have come to realize these past few weeks is that we are officially on the crazy train to nowhere and I am the conductor! In my attempt to make things go smoothly, and more importantly, quickly, I think I have lost sight of what was really important! As the mother of these kids, I owe it to them to make their life stable, healthy, and productive and hopefully have a lot of fun while doing just that. Lately though, I have been very lax in some areas, mainly the healthy (stupid drive thrus) and my emotions have been nothing near stable as of late (stupid, stupid deployments!) and my organization has all but left the building! Any who, a problem named is a problems solved so in an attempt to get this crazy train back on the right track, I am here by grounding myself (and the kids). For the month of November we are only going to eat out of the house in emergency type situations, and no, "I don't feel like cooking" ain't an emergency! Also, no more unnecessary purchases, I will get back to writing grocery lists, clipping coupons and meal planning. We will find fun, simple, family focused, cheap ways to spend our time and we will smile and be merry! Well, we will try our best anyways...

3 comments:

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

Gaw, I think we're all on the same train. I'm in car #40, where are you???

I realized this last week I was doing TOO MUCH. Time to chill and just try to get this craziness under control. My kids are all flipping out, I'm flipping out.

Wanna come over for dinner one night? I'll even make coffee/cocoa and share my awesome coffee creamer with you.

Just Jac said...

Dude, that sounds heavenly! This week is crazy, we leave for the spouse retreat this sunday and then Nana and Cheez come for a week, but certainly after that...I am so down!

Nana said...

Nice post Jacqui....it is possible to get so busy that we lose focus. You will get it together and I'm always so proud of your courage and willingness to keep giving it everything you have! Love,love,love you sweetie! Mom