
to

that

sweet

binky

face!

Hit the road bink!
Yesterday, kind of on the spur of the moment, I decided it was time for binky to make it's exit from our household. I figured I could convince Delainey to toss it the same way I convinced her brother...good ole fashion bribery! My initial idea was to take her Target and let her pick out whatever toy or doll tickled her fancy in exchange for forking over the pacifier. I figured I would have her leave it on the shelf in place of the toy she choose so that she would remember that she made the trade and left it there. It was all going just according to plan until we turned to leave and she realized that binky wasn't coming with us. I have never seen a sadder face in all my life then that of Delainey when she realized binky wasn't coming home. In order to escape Target and stop the blood curdling screams I convinced her we would take both Belle and binky home with us. I stuck the bink in my purse, her face cleared up, the screaming stopped and she clung to Belle like white on rice! When we got home, I cut the nipples off two binks and left them in plain sight so she could find them. Just as I thought she would, she picked them up and tried to suck on one. When that one didn't work, she tried the other. When she realized they were busted she said, "these are busted momma." To which I replied, "Oh man, they sure are. What should we do with them?" To which Delainey said, "put them in the trash momma?" Which worked out perfectly since she was the one that came up with the idea and tossed them! At this point, I was feeling quite accomplished!
Cue nap time. She was not pleased about going in her bed without bink and kept asking for one. Needless to say, she didn't take a nap that day but instead yelled and screamed about wanting her bink until Daddy caved and let her out (sucker!). However, this also worked out perfectly, because when bedtime rolled around she was too tired to even care where her bink was and went right to bed! And she has been binky free and tearless since! Way to go Delainey, I sure do love that baby girl!
Plus, going bink-less isn't all that bad, because now I get to see a whole lot more of her sweet face!

Which I can never get enough of!

Plus, Delainey scored a sweet princess doll out of the deal!

Did you know her tiara doubles as a carrying handle?
2 comments:
No more bink face is kinda sad!!! But Go Delainey! Liam is stubbornly clinging to his "passy" and I was just thinking yesterday... " good grief I don't wanna fight this kid to give it up". I keep saying 2.5 is the cutoff point. He's got 2 more months! heh heh.
She sure is getting BIG!
Oh she is getting so big!!! And so cute!!!! Miss you girl and congrats on getting rid of binky!!
Hugs Carolin
Post a Comment